Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15843) Editor: Fix fortress, paint city

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15843) Editor: Fix fortress, paint city
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:06:34 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> This patch fixes two bugs in regards to fortresses. The first is that they
> could be painted as unowned, thus causing an assert failure in the borders
> code. The second is that the assert failure is triggered even when borders
> are not activated.

Unowned fortresses should be allowed even when borders are activated.
Scenarios could have unowned fortresses that players can rush to occupy.

> It also moves the city painting into the paint tab. You can now select
> which player to paint as for cities and fortresses in the paint tab. The
> city tab is removed.

I don't see what advantage this really gives, but I suppose it doesn't
hurt anything either.

> However, I screwed up the widget packing in the paint tab, so someone
> better than me in gtk magic must realign the widgets.
>
> BTW, I noticed that you no longer can paint specials underneath cities.
> Oops. My fault, I guess. I guess what happens when you click on a city
> should be dependent on which tool you have selected?

The behavior when you click on a city and you have a point tool open is
that you should paint.  This has nothing to do with which tool is selected.

-jason