Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Animated nukes

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Animated nukes
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:17:05 +0900

On 2005-12-29, at 10.14, Andreas Røsdal wrote:

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
Lukas Toenne contributed a really nice looking nuke animation made with Blender about a year ago. It can easily be scaled for differently sized
tilesets with great results.

Here's a patch putting Lukas' graphics to use. It adds animated
nukes to the isometric tilesets.

Apply patch to snv, and copy nuke1.png to amplio/nuke.png and nuke2.png to
isotrident/nuke.png.

Andreas R.<nuke-anim-01.diff><nuke2.png><nuke1.png>

Great work Andreas! It works like a charm. The animation could be slightly slower, but that might on the other hand slow down gameplay.

One thing I noticed was that 'classic' nuke graphics seemed to be broken. Reproduce by changing to Trident tileset and detonate a nuke. I don't know if this was already the case before this patch.

-Daniel