Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15007) Improving civmanual

To: guillaume.melquiond@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15007) Improving civmanual
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:38:14 -0800

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> I will use this report to post patches for improving civmanual until
> it can be used to update the current wiki documentation (Freeciv 2.0
> *beta*, it still contains older graphics and translations).

Good work!

However, please follow the style guide concerning braces and please try to
avoid adding tabs where there were none before. Also why write

   if (is_great_wonder(id) == (manuals == MANUAL_BUILDINGS)) {

when

   if (is_great_wonder(id) && manuals == MANUAL_BUILDINGS) {

is much easier to read?

Finally I wonder now if it might be smarter to just remove the wiki style
version, and move the manual out of the wiki, since having people put a
lot of work into something that will be overwritten with each release is
just silly. I see many commits having been done against the manual since
it was uploaded.

  - Per