Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'true' civil war nations

To: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'true' civil war nations
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:28:14 +0900

Yes, it's a historical nation. But it's also a civil war nation in so far that the Soviet state was formed as the result of a Bolshevik revolution and the following Russian civil war.

I think we also agreed elsewhere that it wouldn't be appropriate to have the Soviet (as well as the CSA) nation selectable as a playable nation from 4000 BC in the default ruleset. Therefore it's IMHO the best solution to include these two as civil war only nations to appear when the Americans or Russian fall into civil war...

-Daniel