Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14262) Updated Ancients Modpack

To: badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14262) Updated Ancients Modpack
From: "miguel@xxxxxxxx" <miguel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:33:17 -0800

On 12/21/05, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I found something that should be of use in the Ancients modpack.
> Calgacus of the Civfanatics forums has compiled a large database of city
> and leader names for use in Civ3 mods. He has for example city lists for
> Picts, Iberians, Scythians etc:
>[...]
> Some data might be used in the main nations too, such as expanded
> Hittite and Inca city lists.

I won't speak for ALL the nations here, but I can say something for
iberians (my being a spaniard and all).

I think the author mixed up stuff from the pre-roman-conquest iberian
tribes and roman-Hispania (pretty much all the city names), with some
celtic elements (in the classification of the nation). Even most of the
listed cities were actually founded by the romans. :-/

I prefer the list I made myself some time ago. IMNSHO.

--
Miguel Farah
miguel@xxxxxxxx