Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'true' civil war nations

To: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Egor Vyscrebentsov <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'true' civil war nations
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:55:45 -0500

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

On 2005-12-22, at 04.57, Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:34:10 +0900
Daniel Markstedt wrote:

We have the Confederate States and Soviet ready and more can be made
easily, but as discussed elsewhere we don't want them to be available
from start (with the default rules).

What about setting civil war-only nations to 'is_playable = 0'? Or
has that any unwanted effects?

What about scenarios (f.e. [non-existent now] World War II)? Would the
(f.e.) Soviet nation be playable in them?

No I guess that wouldn't be directly possible. You would have to create a WW2 modpack of sorts and make a separate soviet.ruleset for the modpack.

I think is_playable doesn't mean what you think it means. !is_playable nations are supposed to be completely unplayable, and should be skipped in civil war selection.

-jason