Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14742) Package of fictional nations

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14742) Package of fictional nations
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:31:44 -0800

I've compiled a package of fictional nations. Since the discussion on
policy for fictional nations was inconclusive I couldn't and shouldn't
commit them. When 2.1 is out, I plan on putting it in contrib/nations
on the ftp, making a nice fictional add-on.

They're divided into two groups: Fantasy and Futuristic. Fantasy
nations could conveniently be integrated into the Fantasy modpack when
someone decide to work on it, and Futuristic could become a part of a
future SMAC modpack (pun not intended.)

Fantasy nations are;
Middle Earth: The ones already in the game plus Dwarf
Riftwar: Kingdom of the Isles, Keshian, Novindus, Tsuranuanni
Other: Melnibonean, Krevi

Futuristic nations are (plus Martian already in game and Antarctican,
Lunarian posted earlier);
Collectivist (basically Soviet)
Evangilist
Fremen (from Dune)
Hegemonian (from Hyperion)
Humanitarian (basically UN)
Unionist (basically EU)

Credits:
Riftwar and Fremen rulesets by Ervin Hearn III <noltar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dwarf and Melnibonean ruleset by Mark Polo <mpolon7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Soviet (Collectivist) ruleset by Egor Vyscrebentsov <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Hegemonian ruleset by Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>

Riftwar and Fremen flags rendered from originals by Ervin.

Other rulesets and flags by me, in some cases using clipart from OCAL.

Cheers
-Daniel