Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14742) Package of fictional nations

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14742) Package of fictional nations
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 05:39:38 -0800

2005-12-02 kl. 18.29 skrev Christian Knoke:

> So maybe we should move those fantasy|futuristic nations which may
> infringe
> copyright problems from the game into this add-on?
>
> Christian

Yes, if we were to remove the Middle Earth nations from the main
release, we could instead offer this vastly expanded nation pack to
fantasy/sci-fi lovers, making it possible to play completely
fantasy/sci-fi themed games.

Here's one more sci-fi nation: the Barsoomians. Author is Eric S.
Raymond <esr@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Originally posted in PR#2545 and here
updated for HEAD. SVG made from flag of Japan based on an idea by the
author.

-Daniel