Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Trouble compiling SVN code

To: Homr Zodyssey <programmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Trouble compiling SVN code
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:24:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Homr Zodyssey wrote:
> First I ran into a problem that has been mentioned on the forums.
> "configure.ac" has some line-endings that don't seem to groove with MinGW's
> autoheader.

configure.ac is set to 'native' eol-style, which means that it will get
the same kind of line endings as the OS it is downloaded on. For mingw
distributions, this is just wrong, since autotools can only handle unix
line endings. I am not sure if this is our fault or mingw32's fault.

> Then, I found some syntax errors in client/server.c.

Patch attached.

  - Per