Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14682) Unit experience (corrected)

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14682) Unit experience (corrected)
From: "Jerome Plut" <Jerome.Plut@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:09:31 -0800

Here is a new version of the experience patch, taking into account
Per's (justified) remarks. (I thought it simpler to have just
experience instead of veteran, but you are totally right in pointing
that it is much easier to keep both to maintain compatibility).

There is one point however that I maintain: this keeps both leveling
systems (experience and raise_chance) active, because I don't think
that either could be objectively "better" than the other. This way,
the player can choose, via ruleset, to keep the one he prefers, or
just a bit of both (this makes sense too).