Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12837) newbies never know how to declare war

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rafaelbastos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, teslacoil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12837) newbies never know how to declare war
From: "Andreas Røsdal" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:44:00 -0700

Alternatively, if you attack another unit while at peace, then this is
most likely a concious decision where you really want to attack that
player. So then you should get a query-dialog asking you to confirm that
you want to declare war with that player, and act accordingly.

At least this happens to me often; I'm going to attack a player, and
move an attacking unit towards the enemy. When the time is ready for an
attack, I issue a goto-order which would result in attack, and then I'm
told that I'm not at war with that player, and have to declare war
first. Then I'm forced to open the players dialog, and locate that
player (which can take some time with many players), and cancel the
treaty. What I would prefer is a way to quickly declare war without the
players-dialog, instead some quick operation (such as confirming that I
really want to declare war) in connection with the attack of the unit.

Andreas R.