Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13925) Complaint about FreeCiv tabs becoming windows

To: nando2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13925) Complaint about FreeCiv tabs becoming windows
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:20:12 -0700

> [nando2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Fri Sep 09 23:08:02 2005]:

> Today I had problems connecting to game servers (the website is ALSO
> down!), so I downloaded 2.05 from Sourceforge and installed it. To my
> enormous disappointment, I could see no improvement. When the game is
> launched, 2 windows appear at the same time, which is ugly to start
> with. Then, in game, tabs have been replaced by windows, requiring many
> more clicks to accomplish the same tasks.

When reporting a bug, please report what platform you're on and what
file you downloaded.

Since you didn't give this information, I assume you have downloaded the
wrong file.  You want the "gtk2" client for windows, not the "win32"
client.  The latter is an older, uglier-looking client.  The former is
prettier and has the tabbed feature, but won't run on windows ME or earlier.

Also it's possible you disabled the option for tabbed dialogs.  This is
configurable (in the gtk2 client) in the options dialog.

Note that 2.0.5 only has bugfixes so you shouldn't see any visible
difference from 2.0.2.  If you do, it means you've probably done
something wrong.

-jason