Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13828) Buying an AI out of existence.

To: loneowl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13828) Buying an AI out of existence.
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 00:33:44 -0700

Well in this particular instance, I edited the .sav file to bump up the gold,
more so to test the AI.  But without any sort of cheat, I have been able to get
several thousand gold per turn, but avoid getting more than 20,000 gold because
it seemed wasteful.  With enough cities(try being American on one of the earth
scenarios), and the right improvements, and a long term game(I prefer to win
without end year or spaceships), I don't find it too hard to believe that this
could happen.

Anyway, look at ai/advdiplomacy.c line 1219.  "AI must be crazy to trade away
its cities"

Sort of in the same line, a city on an island essentially owned by an enemy
except for that city(say a previous capital), should be harder to give away...
With stuff being looted and technology's stolen by the AI by recapturing a
undefended city, shouldn't the AI be more cautious with receiving cities?