Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13589) Theme support

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13589) Theme support
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:59:19 -0700

> [mstefek - Tue Aug 02 07:10:06 2005]:
>
> This is a first patch which demostrates theme support for the client.
> Only gtk2 use it, but the engine is quite general.
>
> The client searches for themes in the following directories:
> ./themes
> data/themes
> ~/.freeciv/themes
> {prefix}/share/freeciv/themes
> ~/.themes
> /usr/share/themes
> Last two directories are gui-gtk2 specific.
>
> The patch is written to help art developers to create some cool themes
> for Freeciv - see the work of aneglus on the forum.
> The theme engine is used in a way that a user can change a theme in the
> local options dialog.
>
> In the future the client could switch themes when a city style changes.
>
> Some nice themes can be downloaded at: http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/

Is there a purpose in having this outside of gui-gtk?  How does it work
with the crazy FTWL theme system?

If only GTK uses the theme the option (though not necessarily the code)
should be restricted to the GTK client.

As for the basic design, I think Vasco (gui-gtk) and Per (gui-ftwl) must
approve of it.

-jason