Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13355) Percent defense bonus

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13355) Percent defense bonus
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:08:29 -0700

James Canete wrote:

> This patch changes the defense_bonus values given in terrain.ruleset
> into added percentages, and allows for negative values as well, for
> defense penalties.

Changing it to a percentage is very good (the current perdeca is
terrible).  But maybe it should stay as a multiplier (not sure).  Note
that "negative values" are already possible if you decrease the value
below 10 (current system).  Dropping the value below 0 (current system)
would lead to a negative defense which would be very bad I think.

-jason