Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Leader names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Leader names
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:42:40 +0000 (GMT)

The new team selection code is very nice. Finally teams work for GUI
users.

However, the leader names part of the GUI does not work well. Choose a
leader name with a long name (plenty of those around), and the GUI resizes
and sometimes partially hides team names. The distinction between user
name and leader name is confusing and non-obvious.

I think it is high time we stopped using leader names for humans and
reserved them for AI use. We discussed this when we went over this GUI
design, and there was, IIRC, general agreement on this point.

  - Per