Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13157) bug: stealth technology

To: fishpark77@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13157) bug: stealth technology
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:15:01 -0700

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 03:30:58AM -0700, Thomas Müller wrote:
> As far as i understand Freeciv uses the Techtree from the original Civ2,
> which is.. quite unrealistic in some Points. I.e you can research
> Railroads without wheel, or Destroyer before Iron Clad.

Railroads need engineering which need the wheel, although if someone gives
you engineering you can skip the wheel.  Destroyer/ironclad are
differentiated by the motor if you look at their prereqs so there isn't
really any reason to have them depend on each other.  But the
stealth/flight thing always has bugged me.  We've moved away from the civ2
rules in a lot of ways, why not here -- make Stealth depend on Space Flight
rather than Robotics.

        -- Benoît