Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9172) RFC: Choose nations in pregame

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9172) RFC: Choose nations in pregame
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 05:32:44 -0700

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> This patch implements pregame nations.

It is a step forward. Feel free to commit as is. (But check that those
stock icons you use are in common use, eg I do not have GTK_STOCK_EDIT.)

Some thoughts for further design:
 - The chat window should only contain player chat, not server chatter.
 - There should be a button to display changed settings. This is
   probably non-trivial, but necessary.
 - The 'aifill' option should be removed, and instead add AI players as
   if they were human players, like done in Starcraft. You should be able
   to specify the nations of the AI players.
 - The 'leader' name should be ignored for multiplayer games, where
   player name should be identical with connection (user) name.
 - We probably should have a separate first-page button for single-player.
   I think 'Start new game' should lead to a series of dead easy
   choices for a single-player game, and 'Multiplayer' button that
   leads to the current pregame dialog.
 - There need be a column for teams. The idea that we discussed here is
   that the server sends a list of possible teams that can be selected,
   depending on the rulesets.

  - Per