Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12924) freeciv profiling

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12924) freeciv profiling
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:12:24 -0700

Attached is a new server profile.

I ran with the crazy-barbarians patch (PR#12919) and barbarians set to
16.  The game ran for about 7 hours.  1416 sea transporters, 5725 land
units, and 1543 barbarian leaders were generated as part of barbarian
summoning (almost all sea barbarians) before the game ended in 3550 BC.

The profile makes clear that the largest amount of time was the AI
controlling of the barbarian units.  I think this is exacerbated because
most units don't usually do anything so they just build up over time.  I
don't know if the barbarian-disbanding works well to limit the number of
barbarians.

The longest time was spend in ai_data_movemap_recalculate (75% of
runtime).  movemap_check_ferry and pf_next were the most-called
subfunctions.

-jason