Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9172) RFC: Choose nations in pregame

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9172) RFC: Choose nations in pregame
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:53:03 -0700

Oh yeah, and the Hard Part which I forgot: before you can choose a
nation the server must load (and send to the client) ruleset data.  This
means the default ruleset must be loaded when the server starts, and a
new ruleset must be loaded immediately when /rulesetdir is run.

I'm not sure if this will be hard or not, really.  The ruleset code has
to handle multiple loading.  Also the client code has to handle
receiving new rulesets.  Both of these could either be tricky or
trivial.  In any case a patch for this should be created (and go into a
separate ticket).

-jason