Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12837) newbies never know how to declare war

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12837) newbies never know how to declare war
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:30:54 -0700

The vast number of bug reports of this type indicate there is a problem.

I think a way to fix it is by adding a "declare war" button to the
players dialog, alongside the menu and very prominent.  "Cancel treaty"
is not only in the menu (hard to find) but isn't a good synonym for
"declare war".

The Declare War button should either cancel _all_ treaties or cancel
just one treaty (so the player may have to hit it twice).  It should
probably have a confirmation dialog (as should the cancel treaty menu
item).  Many's the time I've chosen cancel treaty by accident instead of
meet.

On a related note there should be a "meet" button as well.  This action
is too common to have to go into a menu for - especially since there's
no shortcut (only keyboard accelerators which are very tedious).

-jason