Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12808) missing iconv.dll

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12808) missing iconv.dll
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:02:12 -0700

The .exe's in Freeciv-2.0.0-rc2-win32.zip are linked to iconv.dll, but
it is not contained in the .zip archive.  civclient.exe and
civserver.exe fail with an error that iconv.dll cannot be found in the
program's path.

I will guess this is a Windows build issue.  The builder probably has
iconv.dll in their path somewhere and linked it incorrectly, whereas a
'virgin' Windows system doesn't have it.  I will guess the actual intent
is to link
libiconv-2.dll, which is included in the .zip archive.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"We live in a world of very bright people building
crappy software with total shit for tools and process."
                                - Ed McKenzie