Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why is rulesetdir a command instead of an option?

To: jim jimmmy <runny_steak@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why is rulesetdir a command instead of an option?
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:56:10 -0400

jim jimmmy wrote:
Why is rulesetdir a command instead of an option?
I have tried to search the mailinglist to find the answer but I can't. It seems to me that rulesetdir is conceptually an option.
In fact I tried to "set rulesetdir ..." several times.
I did notice that someone had to add a patch at one stage to save
rulesetdir into the savegame - I noticed that settings[] (server options)
were automatically saved and this indicates to me that having it
as a setting is more natural.
What am I missing?

I don't know for sure, but one issue is that /rulesetdir takes HACK access whereas /set takes only CTRL access.

-jason