Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12701) Polish cities Ascii bug and city selection bug

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12701) Polish cities Ascii bug and city selection bug
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:35:18 -0800

Client is rc1 win32
The situation is that I built a few polish cities, including
Bialystok. I try to build a new city, and I already switched check the
preference box where it says ask for city name, because I encountered
this problem before.

Two or three bad things happen:
-the game tells me: You already have a city called Bialystok.
 this is the message for the automatically chosen name.
 however, the game is unable to choose another name but Bialystok
automatically, at least choosing a different name seems to have a
small chance only of happening.

- the game says " Only ASCII or ruleset names are allowed for cities."
  It says this for the autoselected name (from the ruleset for polish?!)

- finally the game does neither generate a random name, or popup a
blank city naming dialog, (as I tried to force by checking the "ask
for city name" box) which would have worked around the problem.

To make things worse, sometimes, maybe in Ai mode, it accepts the
apostrophe in G´dansk

----------------------
Game: Learned Code of Laws.  Our scientists focus on Writing, goal is
The Republic.
Year: 3150 BC
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: Gda´nsk is not a valid name. Only ASCII or ruleset names are
allowed for cities.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You already have a city called Bialystok.
Game: You have founded Bialystok1