Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12475) crash in GetScrollRange + opinion

To: peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12475) crash in GetScrollRange + opinion
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:53:50 -0800

To be honest, I was thinking about just dropping the mapview scroll bars
in gui-win32 altogether.  Fix the problem by killing the patient. :)
They already default to off in gui-gtk-2.0, a request I made.  Feel free
to say if you'll miss them, though. :)

Though this won't fix the problem if it's one of the other callers of
GetScrollRange.  I think the only way this should crash is if the window
handle somehow becomes invalid, but I'm pretty used to bad things
managing to spontaneously occur on win9x/me.  :)

With regards to gtk, I compiled the win32 build of gui-gtk-2.0 against
2.6, (2.6.3, IIRC) so I doubt the 2.4 dlls will work.  The gtk builds
are still recommended for 2k/xp, but you're welcome to try on 9x/me.

-James Canete