Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12665) Unlimited fuel air units should autoexplore

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12665) Unlimited fuel air units should autoexplore too
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:57:37 -0800

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Benedict Adamson wrote:
> There has been much work on the effects code to make mod-packs better.
> Is there a danger of bit-rot in some of those features? It might be
> useful to include in the standard distribution a rule-set (or rule-sets)
> that have units, buldings and wonders very different from the default
> set, to give the engine a more frequent work-out. Do we have any candidates?

I have. That is the reason why I was doing a bunch of modpack-related
stuff. The problem is that I lack proper graphics to go with it. This is
likely to be the problem for any not 'very different from the default'
ruleset.

I primarily need unit graphics for Aliens-like monsters (a queen, a drone,
a flying scout and a dropship). If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it.
The graphics don't need to be pretty, placeholders would be nice too.

  - Per