Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12665) Unlimited fuel air units should autoexplore

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12665) Unlimited fuel air units should autoexplore too
From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:09:00 -0800

Jason Short wrote:
> Absolutely.  We should test out some rulesets that have unlimited-fuel
> air units (aka SMAC gravships).

There has been much work on the effects code to make mod-packs better.
Is there a danger of bit-rot in some of those features? It might be
useful to include in the standard distribution a rule-set (or rule-sets)
that have units, buldings and wonders very different from the default
set, to give the engine a more frequent work-out. Do we have any candidates?

It so happens that I'm updating the ancients mod-pack at the moment, but
  I doubt it qualifies, as the unit and building types are not very
different from the default set.