Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12506) More map shift problems

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12506) More map shift problems
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:14:01 -0800

> [chrisk - Mo 14. Mär 2005, 08:48:12]:
>

> some content changes in the left status bar in civclient cause the
> main map
> window to shift. A main problem
>
> http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=11207 (accidentally
> goto) has
> been fixed by shortening some strings.
>
> But there are other causes that remain.
>
> - Some text combinations still cause this ("Eisenbahn/Bewässerung").
>
> - Unfortunately, the bug described in
>   http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=12242 (gui drawing
> problem)
>   occuring quite often is a cause.
>
> This leads to several symptoms:
>
>  - The map/window flickers
>
>  - a goto can be caused (rare) or other failures in user interaction
> happen.
>    As an example, changing of the active unit (caused by an attack of
> an
>    enemy) can shift the city report tab window while the user working
> in the
>    menues)
>
> For a fix, I think the best solution is to forbid resize of the left
> bar after
> the game has started.

This *is* a problem. I have seen game phases where this is really ugly.
One cause are other longer description texts. For instance, [Pollution]
in combination with others. More shortening is needed IMHO.

Also, Jason suggested to forbid resize when the window gets smaller.
This would be at least a temporary fix for all those problems.

Christian

--
http://cknoke.de