Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12379) unexpected behavior of 't' command

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12379) unexpected behavior of 't' command
From: "NSK" <nsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:03:49 -0800

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 21:36, Jason Short wrote:
> usually won't do anything when invoked from the menu since it depends on
> the mouse position.  Only when invoked through the shortcut will it have

for the final 2.0.0 as a user I think the best solution is to not show any
menu option while the t-overlay is off but when the player hits t and the
ovberlay is displayed then a new menu option should be added under View
labelled "Hide overlay" or something like that. Since, in my understanding,
only advanced players will need this extra information, then we can assume
that they already know the t shortcut. But since it is possible for a new
player to hit t accidentally then the menu command will help them to turn it
off easily (obviously we couldn't expect from new players to know about the t
shortcut).

Perhaps in the future, in versions 2.1.0 or 3.0.0, you could implement some
kind of context menu being displayed either when the user right-clicks a city
or when the city points a city with the cursor (in that case the context menu
should be a box near the mini map or anywhere else, but not in the main map)
with commands applicable to that city.

--
NSK (Nikolaos S. Karastathis)
Personal Homepage at http://nsk.wikinerds.org/