Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12387) Multiple freeciv accounts

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12387) Multiple freeciv accounts
From: "Paul Zastoupil" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:46:18 -0800

> [chrisk - Tue Mar 01 11:47:40 2005]:
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:14:23PM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:

> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 02:17:21PM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > > I was talking to Jason Short about Freeciv accounts.
>
> What gives it in the first place? Users who want same usernames and
> passwords
> can choose them so. Will it be possible to login once for all, with
> the same
> cookie?
>
> Christian

Well, regarding the web applications we could try some cookie magic to
let you have one sign on, however this was more driven by a desire to
have a username means something.  Paulz is paulz.  Chrisk is chrisk.

The way it is now is "first come, first serve," in four different places.

Its also a pain if you need to update your information.  Change email
address?  Ok, fill out these 4 different forms in disperate places.

--
Paul Zastoupil