Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12302) New europe-200x100 map

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12302) New europe-200x100 map
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:45:33 -0800

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 03:35:44PM -0800, Mateusz Stefek wrote:

> I've improved the European sceanario:
> - The water on the east is no longer needed because of the generalized
> topology system.
> - border value is now 4 instead of 0
> - I drawed Iceland
> - Starting positions for: Bosniaks, Austrians, Icelanders
>  (I had to move Bavarians few tiles up Donau, but this is more Accurate IMO).
> Conquering AI in Europe with Icelanders is quite enjoyable.
> Have fun!

Something is a bit weird: Your scenario does not define researchcost nor
happyborders. But when I load it into S2 CVS, researchcost is set to 10, and
happyborders=0. These are not the default values (20 and 1 resp.).

I guess this is not intended. From test playing I'd clearly say that
happyborders should be 1 and researchcost should be higher.

Also, above you say border value is 4, but it is 5. Think 5 is quite ok.

At last, I didn't found any huts...

Christian