Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12302) New europe-200x100 map

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12302) New europe-200x100 map
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:58:51 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> I'd still assume that there is a bug in the code that puts unset variables
> to a non-default value (maybe missing inititalization).

You can look at the savegame code if you like.  I glanced at it.  For
backwards-compatability if some settings are not present it looks at
other settings.  Also the default value when loading games is usually
chosen to match the behavior before the option was present, not the new
default value.  This is to handle old savegames; it doesn't work too
well with scenarios.

-jason