Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12287) AI will give me anything for techs

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12287) AI will give me anything for techs
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:55:12 -0800

Yes, anything.  I am playing against 2 teams of 2 AI players each.  I
happened to get a minor tech lead (like 1 tech from a hut) at the
beginning, and I was able to trade this for all sorts of victory.

- The AI gave me all their non-capital cities for a single tech
(literacy I think).  Then I traded the same tech to an AI player on the
other team for all their cities.

- The AI gave me their LAST city for a single tech (miniaturization).
This was right after a civil war so this newly-formed nation had no
capital I imagine.  Right after the trade I was told "The Dutch are no
more!"

Probably this has something to do with the overvaluing of techs when
nations are at war.

-jason