Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12179) xaw-client YACP (yet another compile proble

To: infyquest@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12179) xaw-client YACP (yet another compile problem)
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:18:52 -0800

Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

> What were reasons for this? I'm afraid, it break any trying to view an
> initial text in CMA.
> Is there any objections to revert this change?

The reason is it's a translated string, and the combined form is what is
used by the other GUIs.  You can revert it but then there will be
different translatable strings that have the same content.

However when I changed it I didn't know (though I may have suspected)
that it would break gui-xaw.

-jason