Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12241) No occupied flag

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12241) No occupied flag
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:11:49 -0800

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 10:31:32PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > CVS 13 FEB 2005 GTK2 S2
> >
> > This old one bug ressurected. I haven't seen this for long (but played often
> > during the last weeks.
> >
> > An (AI) enemy city under attack does not show the occupied flag but proves
> > to have units in there when I try to go in.
> >
> > I've seen this twice. Shooting down a city with cruisers until it is
> > (better: looks) empty, then use land unit to conquer - which fails.
> >
> > Not reproducible, unfortunately.
>
> I've seen this a couple of times, but only in the development branch.  I
> think when I've seen it inaccurate mapview upates have been to blame.

Hard to say. At least there *are* mapview update problems in S2; they affect
the city names and descriptions. In those cases, recentering does not help.
I have to change the mapview completely, or close/open the main window.

Hhm; if the update fails, will the city size icon necessarily also be wrong?
Or is this independent?

Christian