Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3554) Discussion: Turn based, Semi-Turn based or o

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3554) Discussion: Turn based, Semi-Turn based or other model of game
From: "Lo'oris" <looris-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:45:43 -0800

(it was me, i didn't sign, sorry)

well first of all let's say that my goal was to find a way to
completely eliminate any conflict.

> every player moves his units present in his territtory at the same
> time. This causes no "collisions". (internal affairs phase)
>
> then, you do turn-based for all units outside players own borders. And
> this causes no collisions since it is turn-based. (external affairs
> phase)

well this idea wasn't much appreciated, but i'll give an example, just
in case it is not clear for somebody.

in a "plain turn based" game, let's say 5 minutes turn, you could have
to wait up to 5 minutes per every player.
here, let's say you have 3 minutes for internal phase and 2 minutes for
external...
internal phase is simultaneous, and you could have to wait no more than
2 minutes per player.
--
Lo'oris un SemidioElettrico che quando parla evoca tsunami
assassini,tristemente cavalcati e domati da Polli di silicone,Pirati

Situs: http://looris.ath.cx/~looris