Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12203) RFC: changes to city-building messages

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12203) RFC: changes to city-building messages
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:24:50 -0800

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> Chris had the idea of merging events from different cities:
>
>  "Wilmington, Raleigh, and Charlotte have finished Musketeers."
>
> the problem with this is that you can no longer associate an (x,y) value
> with the event so you can't double-click to get to the city.

We can make each city name hyperlinked to this city. This will require
some clever GUI work, though.

> Maybe we could have something more powerful like double-clicking
> selecting all the cities from the cityreport.

This is also a feature we should add. Being able to select a number of
cities in the cities dialog, or from the messages dialog as above, and
then iterate through them with the city dialog with separate "next in
list" and "prev in list" buttons.

> Oh, I skipped the "Game:" prefixes in all this which I assume Per is
> going to remove.

Real Soon Now! (Too much Windows lately.)

  - Per