Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12148) granary shouldn't be shown

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12148) granary shouldn't be shown
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 04:02:21 -0800

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> If I have pyramids built, granary shouldn't be shown by default as a
> build target.(I don't know what exactly we decided to allow players to
> build these targets, but it shouldn't be a build target by default.)

IIRC we decided that it should be possible to build redundant buildings. I
am not sure how this can be possible without showing them in the build
list. Please, no suggestions that would mean a) bringing back the
redundancy code that Vasco removed, or b) adding more complexity to the
already hideously overcomplex city dialog.

PS I would like to see most wonders in the default ruleset drop
'redundancy' effects. They are way too good for smallpox. In my opinion,
most wonders should instead by building-boosters, like Oracle and (now)
Newton's.

  - Per