Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12146) food surplus lost

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12146) food surplus lost
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:26:08 -0800

"Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have no idea why it would be done that way.  Will you make a patch to
>change it?  For bonus points it can be a ruleset option.

    I wish I could.  My Linux system was unusable so I deleted it.
Consequently, I don't currently have a system to even test source
patches, much less create one.

    One thing I *do* plan to do is re-install some old W32 binaries
from various times during the last 12 months.  I'm not certain, but
I suspect that food surpluses used to be preserved in some earlier
versions of Freeciv.  If I find an older version where it *does*
preserve food surpluses, then I'll post that info in a followup msg
here.

-Eddie