Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12121) too hard to meet with players

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12121) too hard to meet with players
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:46:38 -0800

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 05:01:56PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Meeting with another player is the most needed action in the players
> dialog.  But it's very hard to do.  You have to select the nation then
> choose meet from the menu.

A context menue for the player line was nice.

> 1.  Double-clicking should meet with the player (not bring up the intel
> dlg like it does now).

Sorry, I object here. This interferes another player and should not be the
result of a double-click.

> 2.  The intel dialog should have a meet button (this is a potential
> alternative to #1).

Yes.

> 3.  Some way should be found to have a keyboard command for Meet.  I
> understand with the tabbed dialog this is problematic.  I'd suggest a
> "meet with player" entry in the TOP-LEVEL menus, with a reasonable
> shortcut.  If the player chooses this it will bring up the players
> dialog.  If the players dialog is already on top it will open the
> meeting dialog.

Of which player?

Also, at that point I want an 'Intelligence' button in the meeting dialog.

> The same shortcut can be given to the top-level entry
> as is given to the diplomacy-dialog entry, just to avoid confusion.

I suggest Government -> Meet another player (Ctrl-M)

Maybe you can manage to have the first player actively selected in the
dialog when opening it?

> This should be fixed for 2.0.

While you're on it, there is still no security dialog for 'Cancel treaty'.
This is a bad trap.

Christian