Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: how to catch messages

To: maHo <lukaszmach@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: how to catch messages
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:41:05 -0500

maHo wrote:
Hello

I'm writing patch to freeciv server, which would allow disconnected
players receive all messages (chat messages and all game messages, I
mean everything what would appear on game console if player is
connected) via jabber client. It would be usable in longturn game.

Unfortunately, I can't find good place where I could "intercept" such messages.
I'd like to avoid adding code to every place where messages are
generated (ie. capturing city,  attacking enemy, being attacked by
enemy). Is it  possible?

Could someone give a hint, where to do it with minimal effort?.

Someone else is already working on this. See http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=11805. Your question should already be answered there, and that's the place for any future discussion.

-jason