Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Tilesets and Freeciv 2.0

To: email_address=jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Tilesets and Freeciv 2.0
From: "CapTVK" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:30:35 +0100

Jason,

Found the problem and got the right page this time:It was  the dot " . "
at the end of Tilesets.  This caused to link to the wrong page.

http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Tilesets.  vs
http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Tilesets

But now I have another problem. I've tried updating r-hires as a test. But
I can't load it at startup.  What's missing in the tilespec below? (p.s
the file  .spec's  in the r-hires directory have also been updated to "+spec3"

Cheers,

Thomas

[tilespec]

; Format and options of this tilespec file:
options = "+tilespec3"

; A simple name for the tileset specified by this file:
name = "HiRes"

; TODO: add more overall information fields on tiles,
; eg, description, authors, colors, etc.

; Basic tile sizes:
normal_tile_width  = 64
normal_tile_height = 32
small_tile_width   = 15
small_tile_height  = 20

is_isometric = 1

; Font to use to draw city names:
city_names_font = "9x15bold"

; Font to use to draw city productions:
city_productions_font = "6x13"

; Should flags be drawn as transparent:  (else opaque)
flags_are_transparent = 1

; These are special because they get freed and reloaded
; as required:
main_intro_file    = "misc/intro"
minimap_intro_file = "misc/radar"

; Below, the graphics spec files; must be somewhere (anywhere) in
; the data path. Order may be important for color allocation on
; low-color systems, and if there are any duplicate tags (lattermost
; tag is used).
files =
  "trident/flags.spec",
  "misc/space.spec",
  "misc/treaty.spec",
  "r-hires/buildings.spec",
  "r-hires/roads.spec",
  "r-hires/terrain1.spec",
  "r-hires/terrain2.spec",
  "r-hires/irrigation.spec",
  "r-hires/tiles.spec",
  "r-hires/small.spec",
  "r-hires/units.spec",
  "r-hires/cities.spec",
  "r-hires/explosions.spec",
  "r-hires/dither.spec"

  ; Terrain info - see README.graphics

[layer0]
match_style = "BOOL"
match_types = "ocean", "other"

[layer1]
match_style = "BOOL"
match_types = "forest", "hills", "mountains"

[terrain_arctic]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"
mine_sprite = "tx.oil_mine"

[terrain_desert]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"
mine_sprite = "tx.oil_mine"

[terrain_forest]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 2
layer0_match_type = "other"
layer1_match_type = "forest"
layer1_match_style = "bool"

[terrain_grassland]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"

[terrain_hills]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 2
layer0_match_type = "other"
layer1_match_type = "hills"
layer1_match_style = "bool"
mine_sprite = "tx.mine"

[terrain_jungle]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"

[terrain_mountains]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 2
layer0_match_type = "other"
layer1_match_type = "mountains"
layer1_match_style = "bool"
mine_sprite = "tx.mine"

[terrain_ocean]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_style = "bool"
layer0_match_type = "ocean"
layer0_cell_type = "rect"

[terrain_plains]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"

[terrain_swamp]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"

[terrain_tundra]
is_blended = 1
num_layers = 1
layer0_match_type = "other"

>> Where's the update  tileset HOWTO? The tileset page at
>> http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Tilesets
>>  is empty at the moment.
>
>Are you sure?  It works fine for me (at the link you give above).  Can
>anyone else check this?
>
>Below is what I have written there so far.
>
>-----
>
>How to update a tileset from 1.14 to 2.0
>
>Most of the necessary changes are in the .tilespec file. Terrain and layer
>data needs to be added. For non-iso tilesets you should copy the
>terrain/layer data from the bottom of trident.tilespec into the bottom
of
>your tilespec files. For iso and hex tilesets copy the data from
>isotrident.tilespec.
>
>Also you have to update the capstrings. The 'options' field at the top
of
>the .tilespec file should be have "+tilespec2" changed to "+tilespec3".
>Similarly the 'options' field of the .spec files should have "+spec2"
>changed to "+spec3".

Je eigen persoonlijk e-mailadres bij Tiscali? Registreer nu
een domeinnaam bij Tiscali. Ga naar http://www.tiscali.nl