Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: tilesets and Freeciv 2.0

To: "CapTVK" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, thomas@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: tilesets and Freeciv 2.0
From: email_address=jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:18:30 -0000 (GMT)

> Jason,
>
> Where's the update  tileset HOWTO? The tileset page at
> http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Tilesets
>  is empty at the moment.

Are you sure?  It works fine for me (at the link you give above).  Can
anyone else check this?

Below is what I have written there so far.

-----

How to update a tileset from 1.14 to 2.0

Most of the necessary changes are in the .tilespec file. Terrain and layer
data needs to be added. For non-iso tilesets you should copy the
terrain/layer data from the bottom of trident.tilespec into the bottom of
your tilespec files. For iso and hex tilesets copy the data from
isotrident.tilespec.

Also you have to update the capstrings. The 'options' field at the top of
the .tilespec file should be have "+tilespec2" changed to "+tilespec3".
Similarly the 'options' field of the .spec files should have "+spec2"
changed to "+spec3".

(The above is taken from memory and is untested. It should get you started
but probably isn't complete. Please correct it and add anything that I
have missed.)

-----

-jason