Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11533) Harbour Improvement Incomplete

To: kay-sugg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11533) Harbour Improvement Incomplete
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:52:50 -0800

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Mike Jing wrote:

> > [kay-sugg@xxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Dec 15 15:17:08 2004]:
> >
> > Query : Are changes in government type loudly proclaimed in freeciv ?
> > I'm asking because I don't remember being asked if I wanted to switch
> > to GT=Monarchy when my scientists discovered it. Also, when I tested
> > my saved game, it switched to GT=Monarchy with minimal notice.
>
> You should have recieved notice in both the "chat" window and "message"
> window.  Maybe it _should_ be highlighted with colour (along with
> declaration of war and notification of pollution).  It is hard to
> implement that, Vasco?

Not too hard I suppose... the messages are already tagged by type for
other purposes. That widget supports coloured text. There have been
proposals to hide messages or classify messages on different panes as
well, but this needs to be thinked over properly. Will this not end up
as re-doing the messages pane again?

---