Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11303) Civclient Lockups

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11303) Civclient Lockups
From: "David Swain" <dswain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:35:01 -0800

I am using Mandrake 10.1 on kernel 2.6.8.1 running on an Intel Celeron
650MHz laptop with 384MB RAM. I am using civ2beta4 compiled using gcc 3.4.1
(flagged as Mandrake Linux Alpha 3.4.1-3mdk). Two problems are causing
servere bother, these are:

1. Game is started in terminal by typing civclient, game starts OK but when
I come to exit after a random length of time between 5-30 minutes the GUI
screen refuses to go away and the only way to close down is to ^C at the
terminal prompt.

2. Same game start as before, this applies to either a New game or a loaded
saved game, when you try to 'Buy' from the pop-up cities screen (this is
either double click from cities list or click on the city icon) the city
dialog locks up and again the only way out is to ^C at the terminal.

3. This third problem may be related but I'm not sure, on game start the
sounds 'stdsounds' are OK but after a while 5-15 minutes they stop,  normal
game operation is not affected except after this has happened it is never
possible to exit the game properly.

If more information is required I'll do what I can please come back to me

Regards

David M. Swain
Software Engineering Manager

Wayfarer Transit Systems Ltd
10 Willis Way
Fleets Ind Estate
Poole
Dorset
BH15 3SS

Tel: +44 (0)1202 339339
Fax: +44 (0)1202 339369

email: dswain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www: www.wayfarer.co.uk

*** This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material.  This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any
unauthorized use may be unlawful.  If you receive this email by mistake,
please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your
email software.  You should be aware that the contents of this email may be
monitored to ensure compliance with the Wayfarer Transit Systems Ltd IT User
policy. ***