Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11144) 7 science points expected but only 6 receiv

To: saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11144) 7 science points expected but only 6 received
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:26:14 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

>>3.  It is ridiculous for the server to arrange workers only for the
>>client to change them back.  Yet as we've seen it is impossible for the
>

> We could 1) limit server arrangement with your patch and 2) make an per city
> option to switch it off completely which defaults to yes when CMA is active.
>
> The user should control what the server does (does not) with her cities.

When a city grows or a tile becomes unavailable we have to do something
with the unplaced citizen.  In many cases there is not time for the
client CMA to take effect so the server has to take some action.
Traditionally this results in a full auto_arrange_workers call.  I agree
that we shouldn't rearrange existing workers but I don't think a
fallback of always turning the citizen into an elvis is acceptable.

jason