Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11104) bug in beta4: disorder stopped, still can't

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11104) bug in beta4: disorder stopped, still can't buy
From: "ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:40:14 -0800

> The disband state is determined at turn (year) change. So, if your capital
> was in disorder at the very beginning of the turn, you should not be able to
> buy later on *in that turn*, even when you manage to stop the disorder.

Ah, I see now my error was
1. assuming that reloading a game starts a new turn, and
2. assuming that a missing lightning icon on the city means
   disorder is stopped, when it is not.

While this resolves the issue in your favour, I'd still argue
that point 2 is an inconsistency.
Also, I have had spurious "can't buy" messages after creating new
cities but I cannot say exactly when.

Regards,
ralf