Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10098) GUI for loading units into trasports

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10098) GUI for loading units into trasports
From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:13:39 -0800

Jason Short wrote:
> We still need a dialog method for choosing what transport is loaded into.

On a somewhat related note, I was pondering that on the client there is
no means for distinguishing between units. On the server, each unit has
a unique ID (punit->id). On the client, your unit is always 'Your
Warriors', or whatever. The loading dialog would have to provide all the
information that enables distinction between otherwise identical
transports: unit type, veteran level, hit points remaining, movement
points remaining, *plus* all that information for all the passengers of
the transport. Complex. Do we instead need a way of assigning names to
units, so messages and these orders can simply refer to the names ('Load
onto your Transport S.S.Titanic')?