Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10785) am i dreaming ...

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10785) am i dreaming ...
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:08:01 -0800

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 12:00:22PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Can you give any more information that might help track this down?  What
> did you do right before this happened?

I'm moving my ships (cruisers, transports, battleships) some with cursor,
some with goto. On the next turn, I see a ship on Goto which I did not set
to. I cannot even determine where the target is, because it is outside the
map. Can you tell me how I can find out?

Might a core dump help?

> Can you find any way to
> reproduce it regularly (unlikely IMO)?

No, sorry.

> Are you using S2_0 or the development branch?

Im using S2_0.

> My first guess would have been a memory error overwriting the orders
> array.  But this is unlikely since such an error would overwrite the
> array with garbage which would not produce a usable goto (I think).

What I'm thinking is a existing goto 'transferred' to another ship. Is the
goto route static or dynamic (relative)?

> Perhaps some assertions can be added to help catch this.

What else can I do?

Christian