Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10785) am i dreaming ...

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10785) am i dreaming ...
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:00:22 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 06:00:37PM -0700, Guest wrote:

>>>... or do I see ships automagically put on goto (to distant locations,
>>>how can I find out when the target is not within the main map? the
>>>minimap doesn't show this anymore, it used to do).

> 1. The ship (transporter here) is targeted to a place far away. It is not
> possible (AFAICS) to send a ship with mouse-goto so far.
>
> 2. When I reload the autosave, the ship is happily idle in the city where it
> should be.

Can you give any more information that might help track this down?  What
did you do right before this happened?  Can you find any way to
reproduce it regularly (unlikely IMO)?

Are you using S2_0 or the development branch?

My first guess would have been a memory error overwriting the orders
array.  But this is unlikely since such an error would overwrite the
array with garbage which would not produce a usable goto (I think).
Perhaps some assertions can be added to help catch this.

jason